National Bureau of Investigation
PO Box 285
Tel. +358 295 480 141*
Fax +358 9 273 2123
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is a national police unit operating throughout the Finnish territory. Our main duties are to:
- fight against international and organised crime
- produce specialist services in combating crime
- produce up-to-date and reliable situational awareness on crime with a special emphasis on organised crime
- lead the target selection process in serious crime cases
- develop methods for combating crime.
Our Bureau is the national centre for intelligence activities focusing on serious and organised crime. We also serve as the national centre of international criminal police cooperation. Our Forensic Laboratory is in charge of forensic and crime scene investigations in Finland.