The Immigration Police’s office
Pasilanraitio 11, Länsi-Pasila
Welcome to time reservation
You may also visit Permits and Licensing Services without booking an appointment. However, it is recommended for you to book an appointment for smooth service. If you do not book an appointment, please prepare for extensive queuing.
Only one person for one reservation!
One reservation is only for one person. If you need reservation for more people, then make own reservation for every person.
Licences and permits for foreigners
The Immigration Police is responsible for handling licence and investigation issues related to immigration administration in the Helsinki area. This unit is responsible for the tasks assigned to local police in the immigration legislation. Furthermore, the Ministry of the Interior has separately assigned certain regional and national tasks concerning investigation of asylum and removal from the country to the immigration police.
The Immigration Police deals with
- Processing of residencepermits (including workers)
- EU-Citizens right to residende in Finland
- Visa extensions, re-entry visas
- Passports and travel documents for aliens
- Nationality issues
- Identity card issues for aliens
- Asylum, preliminary investigation, police investigation and protection tasks
- Tasks related to refusal of entry and the preparation and execution of deportation
| Print page